Hydrokit® HKD Series
Detection of Free Water in Diesel
The HYDROKIT is an effective “Go, No-Go” field test designed to periodically check for free water, which is removed to ppm levels by properly operating filter/ separators, Aquacon, and monitor vessels.
Samples are normally taken downstream of the vessel, but they can also be taken at other points in the fuel distribution system.
The HYDROKIT is designed to indicate free water in excess of 200 ppm by changing the powder contained in the sample tube to a pink color.
Other concentrations can be estimated using the other colors on the card.
The HYDROKIT provides better water determination than ASTM D2709 or D4176. The HYDROKIT is designed for “fail-safe” operation, with false negative readings unlikely.
Almost any error in performing the test will indicate the presence of wet fuel. If the sample indicates the presence of excessive water, it is always a good practice to repeat the test on a second sample.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to Use – Automatically controls the sample size.
- Simple evaluation by color comparison.
- Shelf Life – For details on shelf life refer to date on box.
- Responds Consistently – Responds consistently in a wide variety of undyed diesel fuels.
- Carefully Controlled Quality Manufactured by Parker HFFD to strict quality control specifications.
Diesel Fuel, undyed
Each model above comes complete with:
- 25 Sample tubes
- Wide mouth glass sample jar(s)
- Needle holder assembly
- Instruction card
- Color indicator comparison card