- Removes all free and emulsified water to < 10="" ppm="">
- Positive shutdown:
- Signals cartridge change
- No unfiltered solvent gets downstream
- Effective silt and particle removal
- Solvent resistant cartridge components
- Not affected by surface active agents
Originally developed for the demanding requirements of aviation jet fuel filtration, Aquacon® Cartridges have been modified for use with a variety of solvents. In addition to filtering particles, these high performance cartridges remove all free and emulsified water down to less than 10 parts per million.
Filtered water is locked into the cartridge’s inner super-absorbent media and can not be squeezed out. When a cartridge reaches its water holding limit, this media expands and shuts off the flow of unfiltered solvent until the cartridge is
replaced. A rapid increase in differential pressure signals the operator to change the cartridge.
Aquacon Cartridges are also excellent dirt filters. Silt, rust, and other particles are removed by the cartridge’s outer filter media. The pleated accordion style design provides a high capacity surface.
Special epoxy bonding materials enable Aquacon Cartridges to function in difficult solvent environments. They hold the filter media together, bond the end caps to the media, and bond the gaskets to the end caps. Viton-A® is used as a gasket material on ASL-51201 Cartridges while the ASL-71801 Models employ a
special synthetic material for that purpose.
Freon® 11, 12, 13, 13B1, 112, 113, 114, 115, 218,
C-318, 114B2 and TFAliphatic Hydrocarbons:
Cyclohexane, Pentane, Hexane, Stoddard, HeptaneAromatic Hydrocarbons:
Benzene, Toluene, XyleneChlorinated Hydrocarbons:
Cartridge Technical Information
1. Maximum operating temperature is 200° F.
2. Micrometer ratings are nominal at 98% + efficiency.
3. Cartridges do not remove soluble water.
Cartridge HousingsASL-51201 Cartridge
– Use VF-61 Housing with die-cast aluminum head and epoxy coated carbon steel body.ASL-71801 Cartridges
– Use VF-81 Series Housing; all carbon steel with epoxy coating.
Note: Housings are supplied with Buna-N Lid Gaskets.
Viton A Lid Gaskets, required for solvent filtering applications, must be ordered separately.