Parker’s DI coalescers in combination with DSO separators, contaminated fuels are cleaned to a level that meets stringent downstream fuel cleanliness standards for petroleum based diesel fuels.
The first stage in the DI coalescer removes particles through an inside-out flow and coalesces emulsified water into large droplets, which then fall to the housing sump. In the second stage, an outside-in process, the DSO separator creates a hydrophobic barrier to block the coalesced water droplets from flowing downstream of the housing. This multi-stage design assures the fuel is conditioned to a clean and dry state, ready for use.
- Water coalescing is not effective in the presence of fuels containing high levels of surfactants/alcohols or unrefined biofuels
- Detergents and additives inhibits the ability of coalescers to effectively remove water by reducing Interfacial Tension (IFT) and can eventually disarm coalescers
- Contact Parker Laboratories for further analysis of your fuel for presence of surfactants
- Coalescing not recommended for Biodiesel blends over 5% (B5)
- Parker’s 5 micron coalescer combines leading-edge particle removal with world-class coalescing technology to provide optimal fuel cleanliness
- The 10 and 25 micron rated filter coalescer provides effective particle removal with industry proven coalescing technology.
- Extended equipment uptime
- Reduced operating costs
- Reliable fuel injector performance
- Improved equipment uptime
- Reduced fuel system maintenance
- Multi-layer pleated filtration layers using engineered fiber blends for solids retention. Sequenced coalescing materials to grow large water droplets from emulsified water.
- All filter components compatible with diesel and biodiesel blends
- Inside diameter: 3.5 in (88.9 mm)
- Outside diameter: 6 in (152.4 mm)
- DI - coalescer flow direction - inside to outside
- DO - coalescer flow direction - outside to inside (DVX Series)
- DSO - separator flow direction - outside to inside
- Recommended change out pressure: 25 psid (1.7 bar)
- Downstream free-water level typically below 50 ppm
- Nitrile sealing materials are standard
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 150°F (65°C)
- End cap configuration options
- Double open end
- Threaded base
- Maximum burst pressure: 75 psi (5.2 bar)
- pH range (continuous operation): 5-9