Primarily designed to be used as prefilter (micronic) cartridges for use in jet fuel handling systems.
Used to extend the life of coalescer cartridges in filter/separator vessels described in EI 1581.
Velcon has qualified cellulose and microfiberglass media filter cartridges to EI Specification 1590, “Specifications and Qualification Procedures for Aviation Fuel Microfilters.”
- Large Surface Area – Allows high flow rate with low initial pressure drop and maximum contaminant holding capacity.
- Resin Impregnated Microfiberglass/Cellulose Media – Maintains strength, resists effects of water and heat.
- 75 psi Collapse Strength – Heavy gauge carbon steel endcaps and center tube give safety margin against pressure surges.
- Coated Steel Components – Resist corrosion from most industrial fluids.
- Corrugated Media – Prevents pleat pinch-off, assuring all filtration media is utilized.
- Buna-N Gaskets – The best general gasket material available assures positive seal in most fluids.
- Epoxy Bonding Material – Endcaps epoxy-bonded to media to prevent internal bypassing.
- Threaded Base also available
- 75 psi Collapse strength
- 1 & 3 micron efficiency (per EI 1590)
- 5 - 9 Operating pH range
- 250°F Maximum operating temperature