- CDF® P SERIES are qualified to EI 1583 7th Edition specification for aviation fuel filter monitors
- IMPROVED SALT WATER PERFORMANCE
- CONDUCTIVE END CAPS and adhesive to reduce static charge within the vessel.
- O-RING SEAL minimizes the possibility of bypassing contaminated fuel at differential pressures up to 175 psi.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION collapse strength exceeds 175 psi differential pressure.
The Parker Velcon CDF® P Series cartridges provide superior performance and reliability in standard fuel monitor housings through a unique, combination of media that absorbs water and filters solids that might be present in the fuel while helping reduce static charge build-up inside the vessel.
The injection molded endcaps bond with the media and with the O-ring seal on the outlet end. This minimizes the possibility of bypassing contaminated fuel or transmission of water downstream at low flow rates.
As the cartridge removes water and/or contaminant from the influent fuel the pressure differential will increase along with a decrease in flow rate. These changes are the result of flow restriction caused by dirt retention or water absorption in the media. The rate of these changes depends on the quantity of water or contamination in the fuel.
Specify Parker Velcon model number from the cartridge selection table. CDF® Cartridges are packaged 20 per carton.CAUTION:
do not use with pre-mixed fuel containing anti-icing additives.
EI specification 1583 7th edition information
Parker Velcon CDF® P Series Cartridges incorporate several structural features designed to meet the requirements of EI1583 7th Edition including:
- Increased product conductivity to decrease the risk of electrostatic discharges
- Improved media structure to lower the risk of media migration
- Lower initial DP - a major factor for installations that require changing cartridges at 15 PSID.
- New structure that provides longer cartridge life in the presence of small amounts of water
Some of the requirements of the 7th edition of EI1583 are:
Specifications and technical information
- 175 psid (12 bar) collapse strength
- 0.5 micron rating
- 250°F (121.1°C) maximum operating temperature
- Recommended changeout differential pressure = 15 psid
- Typical water holding capacity for CDF-230P is 120 ml.
- For service life information, please refer to Operating Procedures VEL1839 or consult your company fuel handling procedures.