Remove Water and Dirt from Jet Fuel and Avgas. Inside-to-Out Flow Cartridges.
- Free and emulsified water removal to less than 5 ppm
- ½ micrometer particulate removal
- Provide protection against “slugs” of water
- Pressure increase signals need for cartridge change
- Not affected by surface active agents (see caution info on back)
- Replace existing coalescers in into-plane filter/separator vessels
- Inside-to-out flow pattern
Patented Aquacon® Filter Cartridges have a unique high-capacity inner filter media which removes all free and emulsified water from hydrocarbon fuels down to less than 5 ppm in the effluent. Absorbed water is chemically locked into this medium.
When a cartridge reaches its water holding capacity, its accordion pleats swell, and cause an increase in the differential pressure which signals the operator to change the cartridge.
Solid contaminants are removed by the cartridge's two particulate filter media layers. The pleated accordion style design provides a large surface area for maximum dirt holding capacity. Performance is not affected by the presence of common surface active agents.
The Velcon ACI open-end and threaded-base Aquacon® Cartridges have been qualified to EI-1583, the “Energy Institute Specifications and Qualification Procedures for Aviation Fuel Filter Monitors with Absorbent Type Elements.”
The ACI-6xx01L open-end and ACI-6xx01LTB threaded base Aquacon® elements are intended to be installed in the final filter/separator vessel in place of coalescers for more protection against dirt and water downstream.
- Maximum exposure temperature is 160°F.
- Cartridges are rated at 1/2 micron nominal efficiency.
- Aquacon® Cartridges can significantly reduce flow when loaded with water or dirt. Appropriate precautions should be taken in applications where fuel flow must be maintained or where surge conditions can occur.
- Replace the cartridge if the differential pressure exceeds 25 psid. For service life information, please refer to Operating Procedure # 1839 or consult your company fuel handling procedures.
- ACI burst strength exceeds 175 psid. If F/S vessel coalescer deckplate or manifold is not certified to 15 bar (220 psi) strength, a differential pressure limiting device, set from 25 - 30 psid, should be installed on the filter/separator vessel.
- Typical water holding capacity for ACI-61401L: 900 ml.