Th e new surface/barrier echnology provides a drop-in olutions for today’s 2” and 6” onitors. Exterior dimensions nd endcap styles remain the ame while media technology re exchanged with new barrier echnology.
This allows for use ith current monitor housings without the need for expensive and costly retrofitting of filtration systems on fuel carts and fueling trucks.
Our barrier technology is:• Effective against low-water emulsions
• Effective against total water submersion
• Effective when introduced to water slugs at or greater than 101.5 psid (7 bar)
• Effective in Category-M Fuels
• Extreme dirt efficiency
How Our New Barrier Technology Works
Like a microfilter, our barrier technology filter and prevents water from bypassing downstream
Water impede and coalesce on the hydrophobic surface of the barrier media
Water droplets are blocked by a hydrophobic material that is porous to fuel
Barrier efficiciency depends on:
- Droplet size distribution
- Hydrophobic surface properties
- Pore size distribution
- Interfacial Tension (IFT)
- Differential Pressure (DP)
A Cost Effective Solution
Electronic sensors have proven to be eff ective at monitor and control of particulates and water contaminants in ground fueling when implemented properly.
Cost and time required for implementation of sensors are barriers preventing many into plane fueling companies from integrating sensors into their operations.
With our barrier technology filtration equipments are already designed to accomodate current SAP monitor cartridges.
Parker Velcon’s SAP Free cartridges are dimensional fit and form replacements for existing 2” and 6” monitor cartridges.
- No additional change in operation procedures or retraining of personel required other than specification of the new elements
- No additional modifi cation of monitor housings are required to implement the new SAP Free barrier technology.
INNOVATIVE BARRIER TECHNOLOGY
Water and dirt are prevented from bypassing downstream allowing only clean dry fuel
PERFORMANCE TO MEET CURRENT EI SPECIFICATIONS
Defense against emulsified water and full slug protection
COST AND RESOURCE EFFICIENT
Fits current deployed monitor housings without the need for costly retrofitting or addition of electronic sensors
INCREASED TIME BETWEEN CHANGEOUTS
Unlike SAP materials, our new barrier technology does not swell and constrict flow
NO MORE MEDIA MIGRATION CONCERNS
Zero uncertainties about SAP media migration or extractables downstream and in fueling systems
Utilizes industry known materials of construction (nylon, PTFE and urethane)
Specifications and technical information
- 175 psid (12 bar) collapse strength
- 0.5 micron rating
- 250°F (121.1°C) maximum operating temperature
- Recommended changeout differential pressure = 15 psid
- Typical water holding capacity for CDF-230P is 120 ml.
- For service life information, please refer to Operating Procedures VEL1839 or consult your company fuel handling procedures.